1. St. Matthew’s Farmers Market– Really neat farmers market in the middle of a church parking lot…with everything from food, to flowers, to Christmas ornaments (and the Dubberly’s took home some of each).
**Disclaimer: Apparently farmers markets are a big deal amongst the cool kids here, but we snuck out before they caught us. Don’t forget your hipster shades and too-tight jeans.
2. The Bakery– This place is basically ran by culinary students. They were even taking their final exam the morning we stopped by…making homemade pie crusts and chocolate chip cookies, of course. We grabbed a cannoli (Deek), cinnamon bun (Lauren) and challah bread (Deek & Lauren).
**Disclaimer: Challah bread’s correct pronunciation is not CHAH-lah. Nope, it’s correctly pronounced HAH-lah…which is definitely way more fun to say.
3. Heine Brothers Coffee– Right across the street from The Bakery. Deek, the coffee connoisseur of the family, grabbed a cup of “the coffee of the day,” and Lauren gave a nod to New Orleans with a cafe-au-lait.
4. Front Porch- For the final leg of the journey we recommend our front porch. Perfect place to kick back and enjoy the morning’s goodies.
5. Grilling– No perfect Saturday would be complete without throwing something on the grill. Might want to make some potato salad to go along…we did!
Best day ever!